Creating things has always come naturally to me. That coupled with my love for horses led me to saddlery and leatherwork. I am a Society of Master Saddlers qualified saddler and use traditional saddlery skills in all my leatherwork. I’m a huge animal lover and when not in the workshop am either found walking my two dogs or down at the stables with my pal Victor. I take pride in every piece I create – I only use premium materials and even though it’s a bit cliché, a little bit of love goes into every stitch.
I am passionate about making sustainable products and aim to make products that will last so we can get rid of our “throw-away” culture. Leather is a natural product and as a by-product of the meat industry, it would just be going to waste if we didn’t use it. However it is important to know where the leather has come from. This is why I use English vegetable tanned leather, it isn’t tanned with any nasty chemicals, hasn’t travelled half way across the world and it smells amazing!
- Capel Manor College – Cordwainers Diploma in Saddlery
- Apprenticeship with The Saddleman in Shropshire
- Saddlery Training Centre, Salisbury
- Society of Master Saddlers Qualified Saddler and Harness Maker
- City and Guilds Level 3 in Saddle, Bridle and Harness making
- Society of Master Saddlers flocking qualification
- The Worshipful Company of Loriners- Certificate in Lorinery
- ABC Level 3 Certificate in Saddlery